This agreement is between the client, (above named residency program), and Joy in Family Medicine Coaching Services, LLC for Professional Coaching to include the written Client Inventories, written exercises and coaching sessions.
The services provided to the client include a powerful, comprehensive process for personal development, as designed jointly with the client. Coaching may address specific personal projects, business successes, professional development, or general conditions in the client’s life and include the areas the residency program identifies as a need.
As the coach, I promise that all information provided will be kept confidential and not disclosed to any third person except as required by law. When the residency program is the purchaser, I will report the level of engagement and the number of sessions attended. I will collect data for QI purposes that will only be shared with the program about the individual if individual gives express permission. Sessions will be recorded for client and coach reference and for documentation to remain certified, they will be stored confidentially and securely. Should you want access, let me know.
The purpose of our interaction is to keep the resident on purpose and aligned with the resident’s intentions and to support them in realizing those intentions. I will make effort to accommodate resident’s schedule to the best of my ability. See my coaching availability hours in curriculum addendum.
To maximize success the following are needed:
1. A willing client. Participation in the coaching course should be an “opt in” and not mandated to maximize coaching efficacy.
2. If the residency program is paying, they make accommodation for the 45 minute weekly coaching calls for the client during business hours and include an environment to conduct private sessions.
3. The sessions can be scheduled at the pace desired by the client but recommended is weekly or every other week.
4. Session should be paid in full prior to starting the session. .
5. A client that has an active coexisting mental health and/or substance use disorders should be simultaneously seeking care for those if they are not controlled.
As the client, I understand and agree that the client physician is responsible for their well-being during the coaching sessions, including their choices and decisions. We will not hold the coach liable for any failure to achieve specific outcomes. We recognize that coaching is not mental health therapy or psychological counseling and that the coach is not making diagnoses or treating the resident. The coach is not working as a physician or as a therapist.
By clicking to purchase, you are stating you have read and understand the terms above and you understand that to protect the integrity and quality of the coaching sessions, the feedback provided from me is limited to number of sessions attended out of the expected number and the level of engagement. If resident gives permission, I will share pre and post course measurement tool results (Maslach, Connor-Davidson, QOL)