This agreement is between the client, (above named residency program), and Joy in Family Medicine Coaching Services, LLC for Professional Coaching to include the written Client Inventories, written exercises and coaching sessions.
The services provided to the client include a powerful, comprehensive process for personal development, as designed jointly with the client. Coaching may address specific personal projects, business successes, professional development, or general conditions in the client’s life and include the areas the residency program identifies as a need.
As the coach, I promise that all information provided will be kept confidential and not disclosed to any third person except as required by law. The purpose of our interaction is to keep the resident on purpose and aligned with the resident’s intentions and to support them in realizing those intentions. I will make effort to accommodate resident’s schedule to the best of my ability. See my coaching availability hours in curriculum addendum.
To maximize success the following are needed:
1. A willing resident. Participation in the coaching course should be an “opt in” and not mandated to maximize coaching efficacy.
2. The program makes accommodation for the 45 minute weekly coaching calls and 15 minutes of weekly assignments for the resident complete the program to include an environment to conduct private sessions.
3. The sessions should be completed within the assigned dates for the 6-week or-12 week course.
4. Course should be paid in full prior to starting the program. Partial refunds are prorated if resident encounters unusual circumstances to keep them from participating. Notice in writing is needed by the program upon recognition of such a situation.
5. Encouragement by the program for the resident to do the prework measurement tools and set up the one hour evaluative discovery meeting prior to the week the course starts. This will be emailed to them along with a link to the course.
6. A resident that has coexisting mental health and/or substance use disorders should be simultaneously seeking care for those or otherwise is not an appropriate candidate for coaching.
As the client, we understand and agree that the resident physician is responsible for their well-being during the coaching sessions, including their choices and decisions. We will not hold the coach liable for any failure to achieve specific outcomes. We recognize that coaching is not mental health therapy or psychological counseling and that the coach is not making diagnoses or treating the resident. The coach is not working as a physician.
By clicking to purchase, you are stating you have read and understand the terms above and you understand that to protect the integrity and quality of the coaching sessions, the feedback provided from me is limited to number of sessions attended out of the expected number and the level of engagement. I collect pre and post data for QI purposes (Maslach, Connor-Davidson, QOL) but will only share the individual data with the program if resident gives permission.